View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 08:43 PM

Another successful weekend. I have been down on myself a little lately thinking that my driving has not been improving. I guess I was just on a plateau, I used lots of visualization, focus and studying the plots and segment to get the most I could out of small tires and low HP. The end result, making it into the top 16 Shootout.

This was my final qualifying run at the Good Guys Fuel Curve West Coast Muscle Car Shootout. I work really hard all weekend to say in it. Over 70 cars entered. 24 would make qualifying, 16 into the shootout ladder. I started Sunday in 24, got bumped out to 26. I put down a good number and moved up to 13 to make it into the qualifying round. In qualifying I got bumped to 19, pressure was on. I dropped 3ths on my last chance run and moved up to 15 making it into the ladder elimination. I gave it everything I had on the final run but tipped a cone and did not advance. My Mike Maier Inc. suspension worked great all weekend and allowed me to tweak the car to improve a couple of corners.