View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:56 PM

I plan on this being primarily a cruiser, but will definitely be driving fairly aggressively. I live in western North Carolina, so there is no shortage of fun roads to carve. The car is going to AMD for sheet metal repair and DSE tubs. When it returns, it will get a T56, DSE speed kit 3 up front, and probably DSE 3 inch drop leaf springs, with Hotchkis subframe connectors and DSE body mount kit. I'm actually starting to lean towards the GMPP L376/480 with the hot cam, producing 495 HP. Even with the controller kit, the cost is around $8400. I was planning to use the stock console and gauges (I really like the old-school deluxe interior). Supposedly, Hurst Driveline Conversions sells a T56 Magnum kit that will fit the original transmission tunnel hole so that I can use the stock console.
Anyway, that's the (not so) brief rundown on what I'm planning to do with the car. I'm still kicking around the idea of a built Stroker, but there doesn't seem to be much cost savings versus the LS3 after all is said and done. If I'm wrong, please let me know.