View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 04:57 PM

Default Palo Alto, Ca - Build Help 1966 Chevelle RS Chassis - What Engine?

Hello All,

New member here. I have a build in the works and decided it's time to utilize the forums for help.

I used to work at a chassis fabrication shop as a project manager and I'm frequently assisting my friends with advice and direction with their projects.

I'm beginning a nice build with a friend of mine that will be a 1966 Chevelle using a RoadsterShop Chassis. The car will be a pro-touring driver. I want to install a naturally aspirated "LS" engine with good power, reliability, and no exotic fuel management system. I'd like to have a 600+ hp/tq range engine and if I could have a cool sheet metal intake manifold (primary for looks) that would be great. I see the GMPP LSX454 looks good but it's a cast iron block. Also a Lingenfelter LS7 427 looks attractive. So here is my question...

Q: Can someone please recommend the best naturally aspirated LSX454/LS3/LS7 crate engine with a plug and play FI fuel management system ie factory GM or Holly. Also is the sheet metal intake idea realistic or will that compromise the fuel system somehow. I understand it will need tuning regardless.

Thank you!