View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanks guys. That's what I was expecting you to say.

I found that my rotor bores are at 2.78 inches and the axle hub is 2.68 inches. This cased the rotors to drop down onto the hub when putting everything back together. I thought I was locking the rotors in eccentrically and this might be the cause of my vibration. So I got some shim stock, put it between the rotors and hub register to tighten up the slop, and that did squat to help the issue. I was so fed up I just parked the car. For all I know, the shim stock didn't stay put some how but I doubt it since it felt the exact same. Maybe I'll look at it tomorrow.

Randy, I talk about the issue in the last few pages of my build thread. There are also other threads I've started concerning the issue. If you do a search for threads started by me, I'm sure it'll come up. The simple answer is I start vibrating at 55mph and up. It's at its worst at 55-60. It's speed related not engine or rpm related. It's definitely the rear end area, confirmed via dyno, and the wheels are true, confirmed via Wheel Wizards a rim straightening company here in Atlanta. Literally, nothing I have done has had any affect on it positively or negatively. It's maddening.

Thanks

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims