View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Default The almost-final design of the PatriotDream.org Camaro

OK, here's what we're gonna do with the Camaro we're building for Shawn.

We talked with his dad and found out the car was a 67 Camaro with a 327 and a 4-spd. It was red with some 80's fab black stripes. Shawn knows the difference between a 67-68 and a 69, so we're definitely going with a 67-68 now. I'd prefer a 68 because I like that it has side markers and no vent windows.

So we're gonna build a 68 Camaro, red, with some form of factory Camaro stripe in white. RS hidden headlights, factory spoilers. (some exterior trim and rust-proofing paint thanks to POR-15) We'll have a final decision on the design soon, Hermance Design has graciously donated some design ideas and rendering!

Black interior (seat covers thanks to TA Specialties)

Late model 327 (Gen III 5.3L) donated by Strictly Performance, built by Handcrafted Racing, and wiring and computer by Painless Performance. Show cover thanks to Undercover Innovations.

6-spd transmission, pedal covers thanks to Modo Innovations

Coilover shocks, tubular a-arms, SFCs, (some suspension thanks to G-Machine Racing) and a killer stereo system.

The wheels we have not decided on yet, but I'm thinking a good 17" with a retro vibe. Something good and tasteful.

What my goal is is a good looking, stock appearing car that will be fast and reliable and handle what he wants to throw at it.

Our immediate needs (other than a 68 Camaro!) are an LS1/LS1/5.3L intake, fuel rails, injectors, valve covers, coil packs, plug wires, timing chain, and any thing else like accessory brackets and such. We have the shortblock and heads, but we need everything else to make it work in the car. Condition does not matter, as long as it isn't broken. I am planning on powdercoating everything anyway.
8)

We also need a 6-spd, swap parts, and pretty much anything you might have or think we need.

Thank you all SO MUCH for helping this become a reality. People have graciously donated a lot of money, and a TON of parts and it makes me so happy to see you guys help out to show a deserving serviceman how much you appreciate what he does for every one of us. 8)