View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiedemab View Post
My info is probably a bit dated, but here ya go... I built a '89 Fox Coupe a few years back - motor was a basic 306 with good components a B cam, Edelbrock heads,and intake, TB etc.... Nothing too elaborate. It made like 378hp at the crank - right at 300 to the wheels and had a nice torque curve. It was a really fun little car.

I ran the factory Ford A9L ECM and it worked perfectly fine - they are (or at least they were) really cheap to come by. I had it tuned with a SCT chip on a chassis dyno (cost about $400 for the tune like 10 years ago). If you are looking for something fun on the street and good for AutoX - I'd say go for it. On a big track, my car would have run out of motor.......

Also - I had a Tremec 3550 behind it - the stock T5 didn't last very long.....

Yes, totally a street car--a "daily driver" that's also fun to drive.

I had an E34 M5 with the 300hp S38B36 3.6 liter and it was a blast to get groceries in, yet got decent mileage. My thoughts are to build an "American M5" like my old E34.

On the other forum, someone said to stay away from the Twisted Wedge stuff, any thoughts?