View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 09:57 PM

Default New toy for an old fart!

Having been a drag car chassis builder for many years and a significant fan of road racing, as I see it the most challenging form of racing, I have chosen to build a toy for myself with the kids out of the house. My choice of car, albeit the second choice and considering my son brought the car to me, it is a 95 Lexus SC400 and the only thing that remains is the shell and doors. I'm currently builing the chassis for it and the details of the chassis are as follows:

Back to front:

9" Ford rearend, 31 spline Strange axles, N chunk with 3.25 gears and spool, Wilwood four puck 11" brakes and a three link suspension.

GT style chassis with 1.5-095 tubing

94-04 Mustang struts with QA1 coilovers and AFCO lowers and six puck wilwood 14" rotors

Static ride height will be around four inches front to back

Will start with my little SBC with 500HP and will start the build on a new World Products SBC/LS hybrid 400CI twin turbo power plant that we estimate will produce around 1200HP and 900+ lb's of torque.

Tires are 315/30-18 on the rear and 265/35-18 on the front

It's one thing to run 200 in a straight line and yet another to have to turn both directions! Drag racing, not a good plan!
Attached Images