View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 08:12 AM

Default Another Slow 2nd Gen

Hiya fellas,

My name is Andrew and I'm in the process of continuing the 2nd stage errrr 3rd stage; I don't know. Regardless I'm continuing with the next phase of my build.

A little about me first I suppose. I'm 30 years old, joined the Army right out of high school and served 6 years in the Army with tours in Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan.

After I hung it up in the Army I wrapped up a bachelors degree in finance with a masters in economics. At the moment I'm living in little old Buffalo NY while my girlfriend of three years lands her dream job in NC, FL or GA (she's a pharmacist with her Doctorate). Once she lands that job we're selling the house and getting the hell out of dodge.

The car in question is a '76 Trans Am (400 / 4-Speed car) that my father ordered new in September of '75; after the Army my father sold it to me for $0.76 (plus state tax and filing fees).

Before I started the build it had 38,040 original numbers matching miles on it. It is rust free and straight as an arrow.

Prior to this current phase of the build I had already done quite a bit so here is a quick run down of what had been done prior to what is being done now and what will be done in the distant future:

Already done:
- 8 point cage
- Strange F body Dana 60 set up for a torque arm
- Ladder Bars
- Mini Tubs

Currently on the chopping block this winter:
- Detroit Speed Sub Frame (powder-coated with single adjustable shocks) - Delivered
- Solid body mounts via Pro-Touring F-Body - Delivered
- Detroit Speed Sub Frame Connectors - Delivered
- Holley T56 Hump panel/transmission tunnel - Installed
- Detroit Speed Firewall fill/smooth panel - Installed
- Media blasting undercarriage, interior pans, trunk - Done
- Putting everything in PPG - Waiting on paint shop for pick up
- Tanks Inc. 800+ hp EFI tank kit - Delivered

Eventually:
- Mast 427 Black Series SS (Dry Sump) with their front assembly kit
- Tranzilla T56
- Stop Tech 6 pistons all around
- Staggered 315 Front / 335 stance
- Stretching the rear fenders out 1 or 2 inches
- Arrow work (new front and rear spoiler work)
- Wheels: Something polished with a deep dish

I'm on a few other forums with sporadic posts / build threads. I'll start up a proper build thread on here as well.

Thanks for reading,
Andrew

Last edited by 76TA; 01-10-2018 at 08:27 AM.