View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Has the E38 been figured out for PWM fan control?

I have a 2010 Camaro and a radiator coming with twin Spal brushless fans. I called Spal and they wouldn't tell me anything because of an NDA with GM as they are an OEM supplier. I called the place building the radiator and was told the same thing but they'd see what, if anything, they could find out because they have not installed in a 2010 Camaro.

Dave Steck (DSX Tuning) is a friend of mine and I contacted him about it. He said the Corvette and Camaro E38 OS are the same but have differing CANbus communication. He said he sees no reason I can't control the fans with PWM because the OS has PWM Electric as a choice. That is a screenshot of my actual tune showing it.

Unless I missed something in this thread (quite possible) I haven't seen anyone successfully running PWM in a 5th Gen Camaro and an E38 ECM.

It would be nice to be able to just drop the new fans in, connect the wires and go.

ETA: I don't know which fans I'm getting as the place (wizard cooling) is going to use the biggest ones that will fit. 14" diameter and 3. 25" thickness was mentioned. I am not aware of any other aftermarket 5th Gen radiator having 14" fans though.
Attached Images

Last edited by blake-b; 09-11-2017 at 06:03 PM.