View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69rs
I can't seem to get them out of Kodak Easyshare. I'll work on it.
That's funny to me, because we have a Kodak Easy Share as well. I tell you that is the most UNeasy device I have ever hooked to the computer!!!!!!!

A friend of mine at work was shopping for a camera and was leaning to the Kodack Easy Share (KES for short). I tried to talk him out of it. He said consumer reports, etc. ranked it very high. He bought it. I have heard complaint after complaint from him since that his computer locks up during transfer, etc. etc. etc.

I love the quality of the photos, the flexibility of different types of photos that can be taken, but I HATE the difficulty in managing them to the computer.

I have to run the cord to the computer. Open the KES program on the computer. Once it is open I plug into the camera and turn the camera on. This will automatically initiate the download. It will then creat a new file folder under the KES folder with the title of the date it was transfered over.

One in there I then have to go to my docs, my pics, KES, the file folder of choice, right click on the picture I want, and "Open with" my photo editing softward that came on the computer. After I get it opened that way I can re-size to fit the forum specifications and save/rename the image. You will want to make sure it is saving it in as a .jpg because at least my photo editing software will try to save it as a .psf.

Anyway, GREAT picture taking camera, but a huge pain in the butt for the actual "sharing" part of the process!