View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 12:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotI View Post
I follow mrcfab on IG & recently saw the rail set-up which had me wondering where/what it was going under. Fast forward to today, I'm catching up on the Lat-g builds I follow & what do ya' know, I noticed the unique center structure.

I get the 'revision' mentality as I started my first DIY frame w/that thinking in mind (the 2nd time corrects deficiency's from the 1st attempt). That being said, that's a bunch of work accomplished only to switch designs. I prob would have struggled w/that decision .

Awesome fab work & I even stayed after work just to watch a couple of your You-Tube videos. I think you're doing awesome & like how your approach is when explaining things. I'm in DFW as well. If you ever need a hand... don't hesitate to reach out. You never know when some extra labor will come in handy.
Ditching Rev1 was a tough call, and I had to get there in increments. Ultimately, it's about doing the most right thing for the car, and this stronger, more rigid frame made the most sense; even if it meant sacrificing a year of fab work. This is going to be a 100,000 mile car, and it's worth the stretch.

I'm really glad you enjoyed the videos. They're a lot of fun to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
David,

I am blown away by this build and can't wait to continue watching this build.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and skills.
I'm learning a lot along the way, and am glad to be able to share it. Lots of fun work ahead.

David
The Following User Says Thank You to 1970RT For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (10-29-2019)