View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
We are looking for some input from the group here. I follow quite a few groups on Facebook. Many are commenting that they don't use the forums that much anymore and prefer the ease of using FB or IG.

I know some of you are hardcore PT.com guys but in general, do you see yourself shifting more and more to Social Media? Also, do you think it depends on your age? Are you not that into Social Media and feel more at home here on the forum?

Thanks for your input,
MCB
Well Matt;

I PM'd you and we had a good conversation on the truck forums, since then I can tell you that my forum experience has been much better on lateral-g and 67-72chevytrucks for sales than I have experienced from what I now call the "big guys" it seems like when big companies buy out the forums the engagement of users seriously decreases at least on the vendor side. I currently am a sponsor on hotrodders and yellow bullet both owned by a big company but as for vendors on there it's me and a very small selection of companies that never post. It seems to have pushed the users away.

When you compare the cost benefit to facebook it's a huge difference. Facebook groups have zero cost (for now) and have delivered a ton more customers then I see from the Big Guys forums. I think I have learned as a small business with a really small product selection stick with the little guy forums lateral-g being one and the truck forum being the other.

While I am here. Lateral-g thanks for the support so far.

Justin