View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Very nice! Any numbers on expected downforce?

Sure

Here are some figures from AJ of a bottom mount wing with small endplates on a Porsche 944. There are so many variables with aerodynamics that you really don’t know the downforce of a wing onbyour car unless there is testing of it on your exact vehicle.

The top mount lessens the drag associated with the wing amd also increases the amount of downforce but AJ has never posted specific charts of the gains.

Similarily the larger endplates also increase the downforce as represented by this chart. AJ and his bussiness partner Olaaf (the engineer) ran a bunch of CFD scenarios to optimize the sizing and shape.

I have a Gurney flap on mine and on T-Hill the first time out I was seeing about 125mph on the front straight and avg speeds of just under 80mph and minimum speeds of about 50mph. So look at 50-130mph or even more specifically 80-130mph with a girney flap for likely downforce numbers. But with the top mount and larger optimized endplates I’d say from what AJ had published another 15% is likely.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171