Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
LOL --- Remember when I write -- I'm writing for EVERYONE that reads... so that wasn't aimed AT you.... it's more a general "here's my take on Cramer".

I think the guy is brilliant... but not an "investing 102" kinda guy. He's very sophisticated -- has more info at the tip of his tongue than about 90 guys do... but he's "too broad" and he's too out in front and makes too many calls buy sell and hold...

What I use him for is good general "fast" knowledge and he seems to have a very good overall take on many "situations". If I was just starting out in investing -- I wouldn't have a clue what he's talking about most of the time.

I think that after doing this for awhile -- what I've come down to believe is that you don't need to know every little detail about 10 gazillion stocks... That is the "noise" I refer to.

I wouldn't know how to start my day without him - but the guy I really miss is Mark Haines!
Greg, Mark was the guy on CNBC that just died ??? That guy I liked. I like Kudlow too.. There is a lot of noise about the ups and downs, but I need to watch something in the early AM with Coffee. I don't buy on the info, but it is good to get different perspectives on investments.

Cramer is moving at a fast pace, but I watch him sometimes to see where he is headed.. but don't blink, cause you will miss 5 things that he just said...hyper guy Cramer is...