View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protour73 View Post
Trey, I posted this story over on NastyZ28.com and got this as 1 response, which makes it even more sad:
Thanks. I've got two former Army guys that work with me. Both served in Iraq. The one twice with a stint in Afghanistan too. Both officially suffer from PTSD though not terribly by their own accounts. One was communications and the other a sniper, Infantry, Ranger, Special Forces, etc. We've talked about it during long jobs. Their stories of over reacting/reacting to different stimuli from family and friends. I've learned the proper way to awaken a soldier that's served, ie nudge their feet and never touch them or shake them awake. The comm guy once knocked the crap out of his sister in law and broke her nose because she pushed him on his shoulders to awaken him while he was asleep on his stomach. He had only returned a couple months earlier. They are both good guys and not on edge or dangerous but both readily admit there are things that just scare the crap out of them and cause them to flash back or react. The SF guy nearly dove under his truck in the parking lot at work when it backfired unexpectedly. Fun to laugh at in some situations but also damn serious when you realize the crap they had to go through in order to have that type of immediate reaction.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims