View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi875 View Post
Could be the 2nd best thread behind investing 102. I've been running/lifting consistently for the past 8 years and it makes me feel great. Get all my work done early in the morning. Run about 25-30 miles a week and lift 2-3 days a week. I'm 46 and in the best shape of my life and training for my first marathon. I'm not really on a diet per se but I pay attention to what I eat. The more miles you put on the more weight will come off of course. It does afford you to eat more, because you need fuel. My diet is my weakness. I'm just not into fruits and veggies that much other than potatoes and corn. Just don't get to obsessed or you will burn out. Sounds like you are on your way and you seem to be very driven, so you will be fine.
Wow, my body is no where near ready for those distances. I ran into a lady last week that runs 50 mile trails. My foot starts going numb at the 3 mile mark. I'm not sure I'll ever get to that level. I'm just not a natural runner but I really enjoy it. I'd like to run a half marathon eventually at a respectable time. Dropping the weight certainly won't hurt. Changing your diet will take you to the next level.