View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
Very nice progress, I like the stock exterior look.

I only started TIG welding a few years ago and I find myself using that process much more often than I do MIG if the parts will be seen. MIG works really well for mock up or quick stuff though.

What did you use for the heat exchanger reservoir? Do you have a part number for it? That just might fit my LSA swapped Impala.
They both have their places. Big chassis work I would never consider Tig, it would take far too long. Detailed stuff like this though its nice and its clean. I have found myself using it more and more on this project.

I ordered the entire LSA from Lance Draeger from one of the facebook pages. He has been amazing when it comes to the swap and a wealth of information. It is an edelbrock tank, but Ill be damned if I can find one online. If you need info on it hit him up. Awesome guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
I’m not available next weekend....😉

It’s looking really good, as usual. I’m pretty interested to see the brake upgrade so if you could pick up the pace a bit, that’d be great.

Bummer, you are always welcome at my place, we have lots of room to house you when you are freed up.

Sorry, you know the 12 to 15 hour work days don't leave much time for shop time anymore. Brakes are super easy, you just bolt the **** on and hook up some hoses. I am probably going to go with the 8.8 in the rear so Ill have the rear brackets and rotors available shortly.

Dropped all the crap off at the powdercoaters yesterday, should have it back at the end of the week. Most 20% gloss black, the intake tube and upper strut bracket are light textured black. Hope it looks good.

Sean