View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
I hate how lazy your posts make me feel, Sean (this is because of my laziness, especially when it's 105 outside). That said, the Jeep stuff is awesome. What does that thing use for springs? Did you build the chassis?
I have been pretty lazy lately though....It uses old ass fox 2.0 airshocks. They work really good for Rocks but not ideal for lots of go fast stuff.

I bought it 15 years ago. But I have rolled it and rebuilt the chassis 3 times so Ill take the credit for it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
I want that buggy!!!

Hope that fixes your fuel smell issues...
Yeah its a good time, its old now compared to all my friends new fancy LS buggies. Didnt fix the smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
If there was a poll, I'd vote for living vicariously through a TJ AEV Brute build, but that's just me. Build a nasty turbo 4.0L for it and make it a manual please; k thankx.

That's encouraging to see you're working out some of the remaining issues on the 242 - the build definitely continues to provide inspiration for the rest of us.
I love TJ's. Until I drove a JK for around town there is no comparison, more room, better engine (I know the purist hate me for liking the minivan engine) and better driving. Now for a wheeler, in a heartbeat TJ.

As a graduation present I bought my 18 year old nephew his very own track day, in his own car with his own Instructor. His folks are not car people so its all on me to make sure that he gets a car fill!! He loves spending time with us so this was an awesome day.

Cascade Sports Car Club Track day at PIR. Weather was awesome, great group.

Nephew learned a lot and had a blast.

He had the slowest car on track but did a great job. Had an excellent instructor and learned more than a thing or two.

I participated as well. Had an awesome day, other than still fuel system issues and leaks the car is pretty damn dialed in. Had fun running SOLO in the Advanced group. Two guys I got to spend some time with on track were a 2017 GT350 and a C7 grand sport with a small centrifugal supercharger on it. I think it was a Vortech setup. We had a blast. The c7 had just enough mustard to get past me late in the day. He could pull me by like a car or so on the straights. He was dynod at 570 wheel so that makes me feel pretty good. The GT350 couldnt get around me, He could close the gap a little on the straights (Mostly in the braking zone) but I would leave him on corner exits and through the turns.

I helped the Vette guy with some lines and entry speed and he dropped some times off his laps by the end of the day. The folks in my run group were shocked at how fast and composed the car was......to be honest its the fastest I have been around PIR ever and I was a little surprised how well it did.

Definitely looks good dirty.

Drove to cars and coffee, some errands, bought a bunch of stereo gear and cleaned out the glovebox to get ready for stereo install.

This is just a fraction of events I have done or attended since I got this **** box done. This thing was built to be beat on and have fun. I have had my fair share of little issues but its been an absolute blast this summer.

Started the stereo install last night. Overly complicated but it should be awesome.

Sean