View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Next step was to cut away the inner rockers to allow for the body to slip over the substructure. Following are some pictures, and thats about where the car currently stands. May not look like a lot of work, but its the most I've done in a few years so i am pretty happy! It takes a lot longer to fabricate this stuff when all you are using is an angle grinder and multiple cutting/grinding discs, but its the end results that make this an enjoyable hobby.

Cutline along bottom of outer rocker panel

You can see the inner rocker cut away.

body set on frame. I made it so the substructure and the top of the inner rocker panel will sit flush. Ill bridge the gap with some steel and then start on the rest of the inside/outside sheetmetal. Might be a while till i make some more progress, but moving forward slowly is better than not moving forward at all!! (PS, ill buy a new camera as well, I do realize how much the picture quality sucks!)

Here is what the substructure looks like on the bottom of the rocker. The outer rocker is in pretty rough shape so i plan to modify it and extend down to the bottom of the substructure, thus covering up the AME frame.

1969 Camaro Z/28: W.I.P. Bolt-on Art Morrison MaxG Chassis, LS2 Stroker, 6spd. manual, amongst many other goodies!