View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the input. I am still getting used to Suspension Analyzer and getting better at it. I have been working on a new KPI/Castor combo with a 5 degree kingpin and 7 degree castor. That's the great thing about using software is I don't have to make each change and try it out. I am trying to get my castor gains correct for each front tire and think I am still a little off. With 1" dive, 1 degree roll wheels at a 15 degree turn I have -1.93 degree on the outside tire and .94 degree on the inside tire. Where do you think I should be?
As for the Aero issue, yes the 917 Lemans cars in 1969 had a little wobble at 240mph on the Mulsanne straight. They changed the tail shape in 1970. The Can-am cars never got to that speed and were shaped like the first picture of a 917/10. As for the weight balance it helps to have me(200lbs) so far forward, the pedals are actually on the center line of the front wheels along with the battery, radiator and two sidepod fuel cells in the front half of the chassis.
Here is the latest changes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rev3.zip (831 Bytes, 0 views)