Thread: PCV help?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM

okay, then this is directed toward all of you because I'm guessing you don't understand how chemistry or physics work

Let me introduce or refresh a new concept to you all. You can boil water without heat, you use pressure. The two are directly related but not interchangeable.

Now, if you have a valve that controls vacuum - pressure - of exhaust gasses you are not varying temperature in any way. When the valve opens as more fuel is being put into the engine (and coming out), the pressure of exhaust gases decreases and it has a similar effect as lowering temp. BUT there is no temperature regulation or change.

It has NO direct effect on exhaust gas temperatures. There is no possible way that a vacuum which controls pressures can be regulated by temperature. Because the properties are directly related, it has the same effect and it's easier for people who can't explain it to say --- oh it lowers exhaust temperatures.

So before you all start saying I don't know my stuff, you better think about it for a while.