View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeds View Post
I noticed that a lot of your engine packages state that you use are using a cable operated throttle body.

What drives the decision to use DBW or cable? Availability of throttle body size for power considerations? User preference? Other?

Howdy !

Actually ... I need to change that in our new catalog ... because we offer both DBW-Drive by Wire and traditional cable operated throttle bodies. It is user preference (or needs). I find we sell about half cable operated & half DBW. Just depends on what the end user needs.

For the DBW throttle bodies we use:

* Stock GM LS3 92mm version for 625HP & lower
* Nick Williams 102mm version 700HP & up

For the Cable operated throttle bodies we use:

* Holley 90mm for for 625HP & lower
* Holley 95mm for for 675HP & lower
* Holley 105mm for for 700HP & up

For Greg's car, the electronic "no-lift" sequential shift controller needs a DBW throttle body to work correctly. On upshifts, the electronic "no-lift" sequential shift controller kills the power for a fraction of a second, to make the shift smooth. But the throttle stays wide open (as long as the driver has the throttle pedal wide open.) On downshifts, the electronic "no-lift" sequential shift controller needs to "blip" the throttle to make the downshift happen smoothly, so a DBW throttle body is needed.

If we had not ran the sequential shift transmission, we would have ran a cable operated throttle body.

Hope this insight helps.

Last edited by Ron Sutton; 06-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Sutton For This Useful Post:
DBasher (06-13-2018)