View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
It was an excellent day--Dave picked well. The weather was absolutely perfect, not even windy, which is almost weird. There were only about 40 cars for the whole day, so groups were not clogged at all. Speed SF put on a great track day, short of the whole refusal to allow Sean's truck.

My car worked great, up to a point. In my third session, I started getting some kind of power cut that only happened when turning right after about seven laps. Otherwise, I was having a good time, hitting about 120 on the straight before applying my still somewhat low-confidence brakes. Last time out, I had the stupid speed limiter (unknowingly) sticking me at 95-98, reminding me that the car's PCM was from a Suburban, not a Corvette. Now, it's set at about 217 . . .

This was my first time doing the bypass configuration, which is perhaps a bit more interesting when you're seeing it from so far back in the car (back seat area). It takes some getting used to, and I pretty much hit it like your grandma every time.

Dave's car worked great, until it didn't. I didn't see Dave in the first session, but in the second, I passed him, only because his clutch said "F-you!" My friend Chuck, who drove his totally stock 1985 Mazda Rx7 120+ miles to the track (and back home), ripped through all of his sessions without an issue. Go figure.

There was very minimal carnage for the day, short of a guy in a McLaren who lightly tagged a wall. Small groups probably helped.

Nobody brought a real camera, but there is phone-cam evidence of Dave using tools.

Paul. Statements like that without evidence could destroy your credibility.

I guess the fact the car remained broke could seen to be proof of Dave picking up a tool.

Isn't this how BMF got started? A failed transmission at a track day. I wonder what "upgrades" are planed for the Fox "while it's apart "

I'm glad to hear you're getting the Falcon dialed in. That thing is cool.

Get the porting tools out and go to work on that 12a/13b. Those little rotarys scoot with a port job.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Last edited by FETorino; 03-11-2018 at 01:13 PM.