View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 01:12 PM

I started a thread a few years ago on this topic looking for ideas, and there was some good information posted in it at the time (should be easy to find with my username). Funny, because I just looked at it a couple of weeks ago.

I just purchased a new version of the White Lightning. Apparently it's on its 5th iteration now. I haven't installed it yet, because it's going to be harder to get to the bolts than I realized. There is a seal on the unit which looks like it should work ok. I get to use the rear location so it's not right over the gears that throw the oil.

One seemingly nice feature of this unit is that there are 2 adjustments on top of the tower which you can use to change the tension on the springs which force the centering of the shifter from the 1-2 to the 3-4 and from the 5-6 to the 3-4 gates.

I've been pretty happy with the stock Tremec shifter to be honest, but when I was watching an in car video from my day at COTA, I realized that my shifter throws were a lot longer than I thought. That got me started on the idea of an update, and thus rereading my old post, and finally the purchase. I really think that if the leak problems are solved (won't know until I try it) that either the Hurst or White Lightning would be nice units with a more crisp feel than the Tremec, but again, I've been pretty happy with the Tremec...

Good luck!