View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 AM

So shortly after my last build update, a big life even occurred for my family!

She was a bit early... 10 weeks to be exact. Looking back, its shocking how small she was, but one by one, all of the risks and potential issues went away.
She was a willful little thing, deciding she no longer needed respiratory assistance 2 weeks before the doctors said she could come off of it. (She ripped it off in the night,
and her vitals never missed a beat. Still, we were in NICU jail for 6 weeks. It was a stressful time that certain put some things into perspective.

She's coming along fine now. She seems to be showing an interest in tools!

Anyway, I was able to get an hour or two here and there, and finished the trunk and floor pans.

At this point I primered and seam sealed the trunk and the floor, however I did not get pictures of that freshly done. I also didn't get any pics of replacing the
deck filler panel. The AMD panel I got did not fit AT ALL. The radius of the arch in the panel was about 1.5" off in the middle, and there were no releifs for the trunk hinge
bodies. I got a Golden Legion panel, and it dropped right in.

On to the quarter panels. I thought I'd see how the AMD repop trunk fit. Answer: Not good. The counters were not right, the mount points seemed to be offset
to the right by 3/4". It is savable, but I decided to put the stock trunk on as an alignment tool for the quarter panels.

Sawzall time!

Tire fitment Check:

Driver's side:

All cleaned up and ready for primer

I had a little bit of rust that needed repaired on the driver rear corner of the trunk pan.

Last edited by nickcornilsen; 06-14-2019 at 12:00 PM.