View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 06:01 PM

The influences discussion is a very important piece of the mental puzzle. You wouldn't got to a bar if you are a recovering alcoholic would you?

One of the quotes from the book: "You cannot hang out with Negative people and expect to live a positive life"

The human brain is attracted to negativity naturally. Why do you think the news is smothered with the worst news they can find? It's because they know humans are drawn to this like a car wreck on the side of the road.

The moral of the story. The more bad influences you expose yourself to on a daily basis, the harder it's going to be to have a good attitude. You can control many of those bad inluences. Stop watching FOX news when you get out of bed. Don't listen to Rush Limbaugh on the way to work. Leave the TV remote on the nightstand and read a good book before bed.

I started Bookending my day at the beginning of my journey. I used to get up and read yahoo news and all kinds of other useless negative crap. Now, I go straight for the patio door with my coffee and Kelli & I enjoy waking up together and I'll sweep up the patio or skim the pool etc. I won't check my business emails, nothing. I go to the gym, come home and eat, and I may check Lateral G for a few minutes before I go to the office. It's completely changed the direction of my days. I start the day fresh with the best attitude I'm capable of.

All hell can break loose during the day, that's OK.

At night, I read a good positive book until I'm ready to call it a night. The key here is to start and end your day on a positive note. It works, try it.

Way to go Gaetano. Consistency is the key.

Damn right Bob.

Johnny brings up a great point about processed foods. They aren't any good for you. They are easy. Fresh components are key. If you put junk in your body, you get junk out. Would you fuel your race car with 5 year old gas or feed your dog a twinkie?