Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Investing 102

In light of the millionaires thread, I figured I'd start one asking how I can make my money work better for me. That way I can click on the higher buttons one day in response to the poll

Seriously though. I'm at a point in my life where all I currently do is work. I live in SW Kansas. There's nothing to freaking do here, and since I'm here for only the short term, I can't get myself set up with a house, shop, or even my car which is back in GA and currently for sale. I have no family or any obligations. Yeah, it feels good. Anyway, my savings account is doing nothing but growing right now at a whopping 0.80%. I want more out of it since it's there and not doing anything presently. I already have a 401k, Roth IRA, HSA, invest in my company's ESPP, and the aforementioned savings. It's an online money market account. I could go higher on my 401k but I'm already at 15% of my income. I'm looking for opinions and information on ways I can put just my savings to better use. I don't know anything about investing beyond the simple stuff and my retirement accounts. I'm not looking to get into anything risky. Hell, I don't know if there's anything else I should do aside from be patient.

So what do people with knowledge in these areas recommend? Any direction I can be pointed in for good info to educate myself beyond the basics? At least I think I've got the basics covered at this point.

Thanks

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims

Last edited by camcojb; 12-15-2016 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added link to PDF file of this thread
The Following User Says Thank You to WSSix For This Useful Post:
camcojb (03-10-2018)