View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Man, after reading the posts on that Corvette site, I remain greatful for this site and the open mindedness of the people here. Maybe it was the way I read those posts, but they sounded a bit arrogant and mostly out of touch with reality---except Danny's post where our old cars were actually given some credit. I hope that small demographic of posters doesn't represent the Corvette population at large---however, some of the Vette owers at Cars and Coffee close by to me haven't done much to change the sterotype unfortuanetly. They really seem to have tunnel vision and only respect one brand/make---I'm wondering if this is because it's all they really know? I have to remind myself sometimes that in reality there are very few PT cars that actually make it to the track and are run as hard as they can be. I would imagine that very few of these vette owners have seen some of our best do what they are capable of. I would have thought that after watching the event, they would show some respect. I hate to say it, but it is making me really want to take the drag car and covert it into a 90% race only X-Treme PT car---of course, then I would really have to learn how to race on a road course and auto X--

D