View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injected65 View Post
Sorry for the delay. I sure hope its not another 2-3 years for the next update.

Is there any awards for longest project?

Not too long after my last post I got the BBF installed into the car and after measuring and contemplating, I decided that it wasn't going to work like I wanted. Brake master was going to need to be relocated, the distributor (let alone the throttle body and filter) wasn't going to clear the hood, I decided that I didn't need a rowdy 700hp big block in the car either.

The car sat in storage for a year while I figured out what I wanted to do. I sold off the BBF and the T56 trans. Here a few months ago I decided that I wanted to get back on this project. I had wrapped up a few other commitments and I wanted to work on MY car for a change. So.... I came to the conclusion that a 5.0L Coyote motor would fit the bill nicely. Yes, its been done a million times over by now, but its a reasonably cheap motor to buy used and makes good power. I am of course deviating from the norm by wanting to use the stock 6L80 automatic transmission behind the motor. There are a few companies working on control packs, but the major road block for most is the size of the trans. It is a huge sob. I am guessing that I will have to modify the tunnel some more, but I did it once, what's another one more.

I am also going to work on integrating a late model (2010) Toyota Corolla electric power steering module into the steering column so I can ditch the need for a power steering pump.

The car is still in storage at my brothers shop, but I am working on clearing out the space at home to bring it back in the next month so I can get to work cutting out the BBF motor mounts and putting in the mounts for the Coyote and working on whatever it takes to mount the 6R80 trans. Once the car is home, I have the Vintage Air parts, AAW wiring harness and Aeromotive fuel system parts in boxes that I can be working on. I also contacted the body shop to find a place in line for me so I can get the front end body work done.

I'm not even going to jinx myself by saying something like I did before about not finishing in a few years. lol