View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Congrats on getting the car track ready Sean, now just keep it a while nad enjoy it like you do your buggy.

Speaking of your buggy, is it street legal? Now that I'm in an area close by the mountains, I'm itching for some sort of trail rig again. My last one was a 1953 Willys Jeep when I was 14 years old.

I'm trying to decide which way I want it to lean, more trail rig or more highway rig with trail capabilities. it'll probably end up like my Monte, split personality and not do any of it real well...
I will do my best Lance, but you know how I am, I get bored with things pretty fast, going to keep going on this one though and see what I can do with it.

Thats a call only you can make. A very capable street rig is super fun, I have owned a bunch of super built toyotas a few jeeps and have had a blast with them. The buggy is nice cause its the more extreme end of what you can do, 40" tires, full hydro steering, front and rear separated outputs and no factory sheetmetal make it so you can do rediculous stuff with them and not really hurt anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Sean, it is great to hear about the evolution of the Volvo--that and your MacGyverisms. It's hard not to feel suddenly defeated when stuff breaks at the track, which is like every time for a lot of us, so good work on that front. You're making work fun again.

At the auto-x I went to last weekend (first one in years), Bob (Panteracer) and I were talking about how few pro-touring types were around. The scene begged the question of what happened to all of the people building bitchin' Camaros for just that thing a few years ago. There were exactly two bitchin' Camaros (and some usual suspects in Corvettes, but they've been there for 40 years, like the Maiers) that I noticed, and this was like a prime northern CA event. Just keep doing what's fun for you; the dopes like us who have it in our blood will always be around.

That Jeep is awesome. One day . . .
I have gotten a little used to **** breaking or not working how you expect it. But I usually overcome those issues and make it work. The fuel system has kind of been an issue since the beginning, hoping that this solves the last of them and we move on with other fun stuff.

Ill keep doing this cause its fun, I really enjoy track days more than autocross but find autocross a good time, wish you got more seat time and less stand around shagging cones time.

I dont see any pro touring cars up here actually doing anything, never see them at an autocross or track day. I have only seen one pro touring car at 1 Track Night. Nothing to offend anyone here but those that only get driven to car shows seem like the next "hot rod" to me. Something that looks cool but rarely gets used.

I do however find myself wishing that I had built the car to be a little more racecar. Or maybe Its just time to love the Volvo for what it is and get a dedicated track car, or lucky dog car. I have some drive for actual racing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
Really enjoy the evolution of your build!! Absolutely learn a ton watching you sort through your issues. The build is supposed to be fun, even when things dont go perfect.

Sincerely appreciate the time you spend taking pictures and typing out the details!

Jeff-
Thanks Jeff!! Its been a boat load of fun the last few months, have used the car a ton and gotten a lot of seat time in it, working out the bugs is something I pride myself on and it will all get ironed out.

I enjoy the build threads and hope that they help give someone some ideas or help them along the way. I know that they are a dying breed but its a good way to document what I am doing so I keep up on it.

Appreciate the kind words,

Sean