View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:28 PM

I am using the AAW Classic Update kit on my Firebird, and I'm working to hide as much as I can. To do that, I removed all of the engine-side wides from the main bulkhead, so it is only used to pass wires through to the headlights/horn/parking lights at this point.

There are other points where I'm coming through the firewall. I have 2 big grommets in the top of the trans tunnel which pass through the wiring for the gauges and the ECU. Then Eric installed 2 electrical bulkheads which are wired with heavy cable back to the battery. These were very handy as places to attach the inside power wiring as well as the starter power. The charge wire from the alternator is also attached to this bulkhead so that it doesn't have to run through the firewall.

The DSE wiper harness passes through a small grommet right under the wiper motor, so those wires are hidden also. And finally, the fan and AC switch wires are passing through the passenger side through a small grommet, under the heater and AC connections, so you don't really see those either.

That's about as hidden as I can make it. The bulkhead is still there, but with the brake booster and clutch MC, you don't really see it. Especially with so few wires coming out of it now..

Good luck!