View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
Big thanks to Revved for coming over to help a fellow member he had never met. I only expected a quick stop by from him to listen to my motor and offer a suggestion on what the problem may be. Next thing I know he resetting my rockers. Before the evening was over we had the from end of the motor torn down to the cam just to verify it hadnt skipped a tooth on the chain.

We left it at that point for me to go ahead and pull the motor for a complete overhaul.... Well after some thought over night, I decided the next day I would swap back to the old cam just to see if there would be a difference. Spent all Friday putting it back together and fired it up that night. Unfortunately, still have the same problem.

Again... over night I think it over and decide "what the heck I'll cruise it to the track and just park it Saturday." So this morning I get the car emptied out from the SEMA road trip and head towards the track. To my surprise, the motor feels pretty good despite the horrid sound from under the hood. So, with the car being warmed up, I lay into the first 3 gears spinning the tires all the way. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. That ticking noise accompanying the open exhaust noise is more of a knock now and I think Im down a cylinder. Turned around and limped back to the house. Oh well. time for a new valve train.
No Worries Chris!! Like I said... I'm not much of a stand around and stare at it kind of guy... if its broke it needs to be fixed!! I was really hoping we would find something easily fixable and get you driving to the show. Let me know what you find when those heads come off. I'm guessing bent valves.

We got over to the show around noon to walk around for a little while before stopping by the Roadster Shop booth and picking up our chassis!

I never did get my Babes Chicken this weekend...

1970 Chevelle I built years back as a Lat-G Feature https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=43116

Last edited by Revved; 03-16-2014 at 08:36 PM.