View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 08:34 PM

Default This is MY 67 Camaro

This is my 67 Camaro, she's not new but I am new to this site. I have been looking for some time now and decided to join this site and share my project and get inspired by other projects.
Let me say there are some awesome rides in here! I don't have that kind of money to throw at her and I pride myself by doing it myself!!
Let's see, original Gold/ Gold 327 210hp with PG all numbers matching, bought her off the original owner while stationed in San Diego in 1990. I have all the original reg slips since new and the protecto-plate, she is a black plate from CA.
While stationed in CT she didn't do so well with the weather and salt, so .... I'm going through and replacing all the sheet metal that warrants new. The floors and the roof are great, the quarters behind the rear wheel and associated outer wheel well need patching. I already patched the trunk weatherstrip under the rear cowl (rusted bad), and the right inner rocker panel under the side cowl rusted out. The biggest problem was the cowl and associated side panels, seems the windshield leaked and it took out the dash and the cowl. I already have a replacement mocked in, just awaiting some side cowls and some warm weather.
I have a ton of pictures since I got her shipped out here last fall, some not so pretty with the rust, but she's coming along. This isn't my first restoration, I've restored a 69 Porsche 912, 82 Ford Bronco, 69 VW bug, 74 VW bug and my 70 Chevy C20 truck. Mainly did all the body work and a couple I painted with the help of a body shop in CT (thanks Lane) I learned a lot at this shop.
My plans - hmmmmm..... going with AME 4 link for sure, Mini tubs, I have a 327 out of a 67 Chevelle that has been warmed up, AFR's, forged crank and rods, and awesome machining work. I used John Lingenfelter's book as my bible, so she oughta run nice. Contemplating a Pro Charger for her if the budget allows. DSE stage 3 upgrades for the front and give her a bath in her original GOLD (maybe a tint change a little), keep the interior simple - 4 pt DSE cage, harnesses, minimal add ons - sleeper kinda.
Thanks for reading this thread, I'm new to this so I don'

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!

Last edited by Sonar Chief; 11-07-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Missing pixs