View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Looks good dude! You’ve got to roll it through town a few times before cutting and fitting the big ol tars, super sleeper!
and
The problem is the Brakes wont clear the wheels and I dont want to get it together just to take it back apart. I do have to say that you make me thing twice about that =) Would be so fun to take to cars and coffee running and driving looking like this on the outside but engine swap completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
That's like totally incongruous, Sean. Who knew you were such a freak for details?
I know right? This is a new thing for me, the details.......the sad part is it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Nice work Sean!! I love that you incorporated a support for the brake booster into the strut tower brace.

Are you going to tape off and keep the OEM labels on the radiator support when you repaint it? #Please
Thanks man, its amazing the difference it makes in pedal firmness and brake feel. Its the little things that most people will never notice that I enjoy spending obscene amounts of time on.

Unfortunately I just couldnt keep them, one of them got burned up in metal work and I am too OCD to keep the big ass tag, but I do have a plan for it somewhere else on the car, so it will be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Wow beautiful job! The engine bay looks a brand new car.
Thanks man, most new cars I see are all plastic though

Managed to get all of the bodywork done on that front panel and shoot it with some high build, then sand, sand sand....and more sanding. Stuff is awesome though. Super Build 4:1.

Looking a little like Dexter in the shop =)

Then this happened..

All caused by a flat tire on the air compressor. Had no idea that it would kill the old girl to be honest. Note to self, they are very sensitive to being level. Took out Crank and Rod. Got a good 10+ years out of my $500.00 compressor and this little guy has cranked out some work.

Pat had the idea of trying some colors out on the strut bar. I shot half of it in rattle can Almond which is shockingly close to the engine bay paint and the other half Rustoleom Oil Rubbed Bronze. I love the color and finish of it, but it just seems like an afterthought with all of the Black and Silver going on in there already. I am going to shoot it Black afterall.

I had a little time on Sunday to tinker and got the battery in the final place, built a plate for the battery mount to attach it to the car, got the starter in and built all of the positive, negative and alternator leads for the car, just need to sort out the actual battery terminals, the ones I wanted are no longer available.

Intake parts finally showed up last night so I got busy fitting all of that together. Came together really well in my opinion.

I still have to install and weld up the bung, will be running LS7 card style MAF.

I am very new to the TIG game, but pretty happy with how this turned out, it will be powdercoated so not polished or anything. Something to be said about learning a new skill, I love learning new things.

Should have upper rad panel back from Painter today or tomorrow, fans and shroud should be here tomorrow, gotta pick up upper and lower radiator stuff to get that on the old turd too.

Progress is horribly slow with how much I am working and traveling. I need to take a week off and bust out some big stuff.

Sean