View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
So neat and tidy in there, looks like it fits like a glove.

Do you have any pics of the other side of the engine, showing room around the brake booster and MC?

I take it that is the stock Volvo steering rack? What are the plans for the front suspension and geometry?
Ill snap a pic tonight around the booster, there is tons of room there though. Steering shaft will be snug to the manifolds but should be no issue there. I can get to everything in the car no problem.

Stock Volvo rack yes, they are a ZF Rack and work really well.

Front suspension is pretty dialed in.

JRZ Shortened and machined double adjustable coilovers for the front. They machine the spindle and build an entire new tube and weld to the spindle for the coilover. Will be a 250lb tender spring over a 700 lb main spring to keep tension on the shock during droop.

Kaplenkhe machined adjustable upper strut mounts, roll correction spacers, upper strut tower bar with brake brace, 28 mm sway bar and machined adjustable sway bar end links.

Front hubs have been remachined to 5x114.3 bolt pattern and have long ARP studs in them. Front brakes are Factory 13" Volvo R brakes, they are a similar caliper to the late STI caliper and should be plenty of brake to stop the little car. They worked amazing on my last LS Swapped Volvo.

The lower control arms are going to remain stock for now but upgraded with all poly bushings and new lower ball joints. If I am unable to get the alignment where I need it with the big tires, I will build a longer or adjustable lower control arm.

Totally up in the air on rear suspension. Halfway thinking about doing IRS, but also want to get some seat time this summer.....may hit the track with the Solid axle and plan on that upgrade for next winter.

Sean