View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy03 View Post
Hello I hate to ask this question but I have been doing research and don't really know my answer yet. I have a 1969 Camaro, just the body, freshly painted with a stock freshly painted subframe. I will be putting a ls3 blown in the car with a 6spd. It will be used for weekend driving, no autocross or racing events but I like to drive hard and have a well handling car. I was looking at Speedtech stuff, roadster shop stuff, DSE and ridetech. I am leaning towards the roadster shop spec chassis because of the price. I can get the chassis for around $13,000 with the options I want and the rear end already on the chassis. I also like the fact that it is full frame so it can support the horsepower I will be putting in the car. The speedtech stuff looks great but after doing it all will probly be in the 20k range. The ridetech stuff is nice but with the options and rear end, it'll be almost at where the roadster shop chassis is and Id rather just buy that. DSE, that's also in the high teen to 20 range with all options. This is not a show car so I really don't care what it looks like under the car, they will all look good once done. I just want the car to handle the horsepower and handle good. Any suggestions from your experience would be very greatly appreciated. Also the car will be mini tubed. Thank You
If you're going to run a Blown LS3, you'd be smart to run Speedtech, DSE or Art Morrison. Not to sound rude, but if you're going to run that type of engine setup for a weekend driver...you're wanting a full on Donkey Kong kinda build. Big power, big brakes, lot of suspension for handling.

You have to be honest with yourself about what you REALLY want. Don't let feelings of guilt for whatever reason get in the way of that. Once you have that answer, then you can put together a build list. Go crazy and add every Gucci item you can find to it...and add the cost of that item in another column and total it up with your list is complete. If you have the cash to throw at it...do it and never look back. If you don't, then look at a way to get their. What can you add now and what can you add to that later.

In this type of situation, I really like Speedtech. You could add a set of their ATS spindles, some upper control arms, nice shocks and upgrade the steering box on your current front sub. (Hey you said it's nice, so use it) Out back go with the Torque Arm setup. Add a nice brake package and you've got a sweet ride. If you feel the need, you can always upgrade one of their front subs later.

My point....whatever money you spend...be smart with it. Don't buy RS because you think they have the best price. Buy it because they have the best product for your application/over all goal.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/