View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 12:34 AM

I haven't looked at the file but none to a little anti dive in front will work. A low CG car like that with high rear weight won't have a lot of dive transfer anyway. The rear needs anti-dive anti-squat. With IRS you won't have much anti squat effect due to drive train housing torque like a stick axle car, but it needs as much anti-squat as you can get. I expected to see 60% rear weight, would like to hear your comments on what you think a good rear weight percentage is.

On your front lower A arm, I would not use rod ends on the inboard ends. I'd make them spherical bearings in a housing welded to the arm ends and jig weld them so they are identical. There is going to be a lot of front to rear loading on them from braking and side loads on rod ends will wear them out or break them in time. Do all your adjusting on the upper A arm.

To get at your suspension files, open your Perf Trends folder, look for 3D data. It should be in there. Something like C:program Files/Performance Trends/Suspension Analyzer/3-Data/ then pick Examples, or My-Tests, or make a new folder. It's not good to store files elsewhere, the program can lose track of them according to a warning they included in earlier versions I've had. You can make a new folder for your personal projects, but keep it inside the 3D-Data folder.

I just got the Brian Redman book and he stated the 917 Prototype was aerodynamically unstable. The fix was to raise the tail to increase rear downforce. Perhaps the wing used in the photo and the small lip spoiler helped enough on the car in the photo but be aware of the issue.

Last edited by David Pozzi; 03-20-2018 at 11:11 PM.