Thread: My New Digs
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 08:19 AM

Looking good... There are several stages of this process that are more exciting than others, Slab poured, framing finished, and finish details after drywall are my favorites.

Doing a custom build is fun...adding details like you have done is cool. I remember adding PVC sleeves under the front sidewalk so my gutter downspouts wouldn't just lay on the sidewalk. Back in 1993 our house was the only one around to have such a thing, now they all do it back in the Midwest.

There are times when I'd really like to do that on our new one...like right now when I'm trying to figure out a way to get more power to the RV garage. It would be so simple to run a bigger line to the sub panel now but that is not in the cards with this builder. I'm trying to bribe the pool contractor to run more power than he needs for the pool equipment at the back of the shop but he says that will require re-permitting and I can't let that cause any delays either.

I'll probably end up cobbling it in after the fact down the road, conduit through the house garage and buried to a second panel in the shop. What a PITA but it is what it is...