View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 02:39 PM

If you don't already practice this......make sure you clean out your new PS hoses. Ever peek inside a brand new one? There's quite a bit of foreign material in there. KRC pushes this on their website, and whenever they sell you a pump (to prolong pump life).

Before assembling the complete new PS system for my road race car, I ran some PS fluid thru the new hoses in the sink, then scrubbed it out with a soft-bristle "hose" brush.

I even ran fluid through the new tank and reservoir in the sink to make sure any casting material or dust is removed. When everything is internally cleaned and installed properly, you'll find that there's little need for a filter.

The only issue with a filter is that it introduces a restriction in the system. Depending on the micron rating/efficiency of the filter, you can risk pump cavitation (especially when you're working the pump hard @ high rpms).

Bottom line - it's more important to make sure everything is clean, and that the whole system is properly sealed. THEN you can install a filter if you want. Just make sure it isn't very restrictive, so you don't risk starving the pump when driving hard.