View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Build-It-Break-it View Post
I was seriously wanting these and they're are an extremely great idea and innovative. The part that made the decision for me personally is Cost.

After buying a ford housing with big bearing brackets, JSM brackets, strange axles, rotors etc its probably close to $3000 with no center section . The floaters I've priced (Speedway motors)complete are around $1000 minus the brake calipers,no center section. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison tho. I like yours WAY better.

If the axles and your brackets were priced a little lower Im sure there would be tons of interest. But people have to eat so I understand your r&d,time, money invested. Much respect for you coming up with these and offering them to others.

I understand the cost being an issue for folks, but you should see the budget I am working with trying to bring these innovative designs to life
Just as a reminder though, this "bolt on" set-up was really conceived for folks who have a current housing/suspension brackets that want to take advantage of all the great things this kit offers over their current semi-floater configuration AND a Speedway type floater.

As you mentioned the speedway floater is a lesser dollar amount and a good option, but more for a track oriented car IMO, but as you also mentioned is not really an apple to apple comparison.
My offering is for folks leaning more towards that OEM feel/build that want a quality e-brake set-up, almost zero maintenance, and the ability to service the set-up if need be at most ANY local auto parts store/GM dealership.That you will not duplicate with the budget friendly speedway floater...

Appreciate the input & kind words, and perhaps I should/could offer a group buy which would bring the price down quite a bit. For example if I could get 10 "pre-orders" on both the flanges and axles at the same time, I could then bring the cost down on both the flange ends and axles. Just as a guess (pretty close though), the flanges would be closer to $650 for the pair & the axles at $700 for the pair.....
If anyone would be interested in this price range just let me know on this thread and when we reach 10 sets of both flange ends and axles everyone will be getting a GREAT deal!

Last edited by MillerBuilt; 04-18-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling