Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLS2 View Post
Greg, I agree on Cramer. Like I said I never watch him but I do think he knows what he's talking about. It's just nothing for the regular investor to pay attention to.

LOL --- Remember when I write -- I'm writing for EVERYONE that reads... so that wasn't aimed AT you.... it's more a general "here's my take on Cramer".

I think the guy is brilliant... but not an "investing 102" kinda guy. He's very sophisticated -- has more info at the tip of his tongue than about 90 guys do... but he's "too broad" and he's too out in front and makes too many calls buy sell and hold...

What I use him for is good general "fast" knowledge and he seems to have a very good overall take on many "situations". If I was just starting out in investing -- I wouldn't have a clue what he's talking about most of the time.

I think that after doing this for awhile -- what I've come down to believe is that you don't need to know every little detail about 10 gazillion stocks... That is the "noise" I refer to.

I wouldn't know how to start my day without him - but the guy I really miss is Mark Haines!