View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 07:17 PM

I'm pretty sure this car is possessed, you should immediately seek a priest and have him perform an exorcism on your car before it kills you.

In post #23 you stated that the parking lamps get brighter when the marker LED lights are installed and the parking brake is on. This did make me think that there might be a voltage multiplier involved as the parking lamps should have gotten dimmer or stayed the same brightness. But I find it very hard to believe that you are measuring around 25V on the parking lamp wire. If that is truly the case then you should also be measuring something very close to that voltage at the cars battery. Actually it might help if you could include how you are taking these measurements. Specifically where are you placing the positive and negative leads of the meter?

Assuming that you really are measuring ~25V then try disconnecting the parking wire from the digitails and re-measuring the voltage again when the parking lights are on. If you are measuring the expected battery voltage then we can at least confirm that the digitails are indeed using a voltage multiplier in which case you could use a diode to block that excessive voltage from making its way back into the cars other electrical circuits.

But I got to say that there are other things that don't make sense to me but then again when you introduce a voltage that big where it doesn't belong it gets pretty difficult to determine why things are acting the way they are.