View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,566 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Right now i'm running a KDW 245/17 up front and don't have enough tire and i'm running a 275 in the back. I want to run a 315 and my next door neighbor is running the Nitto 05 315/17 on his and its exactly 12" wide, od of the tire, not the tread or seating bead.
I plan on mini tubbing it but its runnin sooo good with the leafs, i dont wanna change it. Only want to change the rims tires to get more meat, for looks and performance....

I tracked it a few weeks back with Greg and Seig and the car ran fantastic, just need more power and a little more grip, but shes very predictable.

Keith (Custom Works) did the clip, steering, Speed tech, coil-overs, and the Holley/Hooker swap and the car handles very good and is very controlable/predictable......fun to drive.

Went for a 45 min pedal today, 106* out, ugh....good thing i gotta large water like tub in the back yard....
If i had to do it all over again I would just cut out the old wheel tub completely and have a more rounded tub made and bond it to the quarter because you still have to clearance the outer wheel tub when you put a 27" tall tire on the car.

ps Rode my Farly Fat bike with the new Bluto suspension fork Saturday & Sunday and I feel like a kid again. It was a freaking blast !!!

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale