View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:31 PM

Since we were working on the nether regions, the headpipe was next. Using the Silverado manifolds, I welded up a headpipe with crossover. The welds aren't the prettiest, mostly because I was welding stainless with a MIG. Still, I got good penetration, and that's all that matters.

The pipe is in two pieces with a sliding clamp to ease installation. As it runs very close to the transmission pan and servo cover, I wrapped it. This will also help keep heat out of the interior.

You can see how close it runs to the pan. There is good clearance for driveshaft movement too.

I had to cut the original floor heat shield for clearance, so the wrap will really help.

Here it runs down past the transmission. There is a shield that also protects the transmission from the heat.

Passenger side clearance. Good distance between the exhaust and the starter.

And that's all for now... sorry, no critter pictures today. We do have a couple of cool spiders just outside our bedroom window, but I haven't taken any good shots of them.

Until next time...