View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:21 PM

The lazy way would be avoiding dropping my oil pan to unseat the pickup tube (and one pesky bolt that holds it to the pump)--the engine is in my car, so removal is a bit more difficult. The Trickflow thing you listed is basically the LS2 dampener, which I will be installing, once my heinous stiff neck goes away. Thus far, there seems to be no easy way out, short of inviting disaster by leaving the stock tensioner in. There's enough potential for destruction in making nearly 600 horsepower with a safely constructed engine . . .

In researching this issue to death (including as many LS1Tech threads as I could find), I could swear that many threads have been removed since the problem erupted among G8 and LS3 Corvette owners. The Corvette owners really seemed to want the problem to be so much more expensive and complicated than the G8 or Camaro owners . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTANOVA View Post
https://www.trickflow.com/parts/tfs-k30675600/all

I used this recently on a 5.3 that wasn't drilled for the ls2 dampener and it was pretty easy install, would this allow for the lazy way out?