View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Thumbs up Downright astounding, isn't it?

Quote:
BINGO! I have brakes and it is awesome.

I know you had quite the smile on your face (finally) standing your C3 on its nose when commanded after blasting down your favorite "test areas" (yes officer, I'm just testing and tuning my car with some new safety improvements I've recently installed to make sure all is proper while handing him your license and military ID with a neatly folded $100 bill loosely attached to the backside LOL).

Further back in this discussion we talked about military pilots landing fighter jets on aircraft carriers being "tail hooked", and how you better damn make sure you were buckled in properly. How is your front to rear brake balance seem to be behaving so far? Sometimes the C4 brake systems end up with not enough rear brake activity as compared to the fronts, and this is typically a matter of proper emergency brake adjustment (as the C4 rear calipers have the e-brake built into them). If you are not getting enough rear brake involvement, apply some pressure to the brake pedal, hold it, and then cycle your emergency brake lever about 10-15 times (while holding pressure on the brake pedal) - this will "ratchet up" the rear brake calipers to provide more involvement in overall braking actions - adjust your e-brake cable(s) up as / if needed. They will usually always eventually catch up to the front brakes with further road use (but you've got some serious rubber back there!). With that much rubber back there, you may even have to get some more aggressive pads in the rear to utilize all of that traction you have (but then they will dust like all hell)...

This scenario reminds me of "Casper the white ghost" - an older well to do gentleman with a nitrous big block powered '84 C4 Vette about 17 years ago. It was funny, but the poor guy was bleeding and laughing at the same time. He had tried everything he knew to do to try to get his Vette to stop - performance pads, vacuum canister / pump, later model larger Vette Grand Sport rotors and calipers... All the usual stuff... I installed a Hydratech system in his Vette, road tested it a day to make sure the ABS and everything was happy, then handed him the keys with a warning. He blazed down the industrial drive full bore then whaled down on the brakes. He wasn't buckled in properly and blazed himself against the steering wheel quite hard resulting in a "blunt force trauma" over his eyebrow, but laughing like a little kid while swabbing the blood from his forehead. I warned him before handing him his keys, and watched the whole thing happen. Here he comes at WOT, then stands on the brakes full blast ABS kicking in fiercely and him all folded up inside of the vehicle from not being buckled down - ouch! It sure caught him way off guard (DOH!)

If you like your system now, wait until you get a couple hundred miles on it to get everything settled in!

There IS a difference - Thank you for choosing Hydratech!

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com