Thread: Investing 102
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 03:40 PM

I appreciate everyones responses and advice. This is why I've never been a market investor, just so damn confusing with fees, etc...

I have a few commercial and residential properties (I know Greg hates residential!) and fortunately all paid for; taxes and insurance only, and I can sustain that even if left empty. This one properties value is high right now, so when I base my rent to value, it falls short and could be considered under performing.

I have friends that invest and keep telling me the market would return 10-12% and effectively double my principal investment in 7 years? My thinking is that the property returns less than 10%, and doubtful it will double in value in ten years. My principal market investment should continue to return more as the return is added to the principal and increase the investment? I don't know, that's why I'm asking you guys that are a whole lot smarter about this than me! Again, I appreciate everyones advice and opinions, lots of food for thought.

www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com

"I own a Mopar, so I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't actually fit without modification."