Thread: I had to...
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Last year when I was looking for a falcon or comet to build, I was contacted by a gentleman who was looking to have some paperwork cleared up on a car he had bought. It turns out this guy had purchased a car that I sold in 1999 and the title search showed it was still in my name. We talked about the car and the history I had with it, he gave me $100 and I signed it over. Fast forward to a few months ago and the guy calls again and says he needs to get rid of the car and was offering it to me first....well sh!t. He sent some pictures and I coudlnt stop thinking about it. I'd look at the falcon, which was really a great start, and look at the pictures...back and forth, back and forth...I had to go look at it.

As soon as I pulled into his property and saw the car, I knew it was coming home with me. I texted a picture to my wife, she had no clue where I went or what I was doing, her response "WTF!" followed by "bring it home!" Done.
This was my daily driver for 3-4 years, it's also the car my wife and I "dated" in....lots of memories.

The plan is kind of the same as the falcon, only different. Im not doing anything to it until I can afford to have Ron Sutton come up with the blueprints. My buddy explained it perfectly, "you wouldn't build a house without a set of prints, why wouldn't you do the same with the car?" Between what he said and what I'm learning from this site, it's a no brainer.
Attached Images