View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 PM

Battery mount/location mockup. I wanted something clean and as unobtrusive as possible in terms of the mount itself. I also wanted to incorporate a shut-off switch. It's crazy some of the seemingly minor things you agonize over as you go along. I debated putting the battery on top,of the coil over crossmember but at some point you're gonna have to change that thing and why torture yourself! Besides, put it where the extra weight can also serve a purpose. I welded nuts on the bottom side of the trunk floor so the battery mount can be removed without using two wrenches. Again, I try to think about things in terms of having to work on it by myself, always considering ways to make life easier when you have to turn wrenches on it.
When deciding component placement, I find myself envisioning being broken down on the side of the road on Power Tour, then I ask myself, is that where I'd want this thing in that situation? It's a delicate balance; form and function! At the end of the day, this car is meant to be driven to events, shows, etc., auto crossed and (hopefully) driven home again.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
syborg tt (12-29-2018)