View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ragtp View Post
I ended up with a .250 spacer and have about 2mm(.080) clearance overall. I think I would have had to grind a bit off the counter bore boss that holds one of the big caliper cap screws. Its tight in there, I have a 3 inch outer with a 7 inch inner with the dse recommended back space. For some reason I cant seem to bring myself to start grinding on the calipers. It looks like my interference issues are with the blind cap bolts as well. I hate the fact that I have negitive 2.2 degrees of camber in this thing just to clear the fender. I would love to move the tires in. I spoke with Scott at forgline and we discussed going to a 2.5 outer and a 7.5 inner that wouuld move the tire in 1/2 inch but I would still have to use the spacer to clear the caliper. Question is do I have the room at full lock back and forth. The 10 inch deal is a tight fit, throw in the huge calipers and its a mess. I will tell you these calipers kick azz, damn thing detaches the retna's from your eye balls.

What size are your hoops?
I'm *only* running an 18x9 with a 275. However, the car is sitting so low with the half-height bushings, and springs, (which seem to keep settling a little after track days), that I had the wheels re-hooped half an inch wider on the outside, so that the wheels wouldn't scrape the control arms at close to full lock. Other than the rim width, we're running a nearly identical setup, so I'm thinking a little bit of grinding might solve the problem - if you can bring yourself to do it. Of course, having the fronts re-hooped and/or stepping down to a 9.5" would be the right way of doing things. I don't think you'd be sacrificing any significant performance. With DSE's rear bar, the car is fairly neutral in the corners.

Matt